‘Tyred’ of trying to make your garden look great? Perth company uses recycled rubber for innovative alternative to concrete and steel garden edging.
A Perth company is supplying a new form of garden edging that is eco-friendly, cheap, hard wearing and goes some way to recycling the one billion tyres which are thrown out worldwide every year.
Easy Edge garden and lawn edging is made from recycled tyres and unused rubber.
Director of Enviro Blocks, Matthew Owen says unwanted rubber has been turned into a hardwearing product.
“If tyres are stockpiled and catch fire they can release toxic gases so it makes sense to recycle them. Rubber is highly resilient and ideal for a garden edging product,” he explained.“Research by the Department of Environment and Energy shows that 66% of the tyres which have come to their end of life are disposed in landfills or dumped, with 18% being exported and only 16% recycled.”
“Everybody is being encouraged to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle. Recycling old tyres results in less fossil fuel emissions as it takes 22 gallons of oil to produce a single tyre.”
“Easy Edge gardening blocks have multiple uses and make a great talking point if you’ve got neighbours around for a barbeque.”
“They’re flexible so you can create curves and are available in a variety of different colours, they’re also durable and are lawnmower friendly which means you can mow or use a strimmer right next to them,” said Mr Owen.
He explained that Garden Edging by Enviro Blocks had huge benefits:
- The lawn and garden edging is easy to install with no special tools required
- They are eco-friendly and can be removed and repositioned whenever you want so you can change the layout and look of your garden
- They are lightweight and extremely reasonable priced
- They can be bought in different quantities. Each block can bend, curve or remain straight, depending on how you’d like them laid out
- They can be fixed down with dyno bolts, silicon and other substances when required
- They have multiple uses for tree borders, low retaining walls or garden edging
- It is available Australia wide
Mr Owen said preserving the planet’s resources was more important than ever before.
- They look great for flower beds and garden beds and can be designed and shaped to suit any outdoor area.
“The Australian Government is encouraging more recycling initiatives using rubber from old tyres. Abandoned tyres can scar our landscape and become a real nuisance, as they become a breeding ground for vermin and mosquitos.”
“Our children are now more ethically minded and when someone uses these recycled rubber edging blocks, they’re sending out a positive message for future generations and doing their bit to become more ecologically sound.”
High Res images and interviews available on request.
Please contact Matthew Owen, Director of Enviro Blocks on 08 6500 0031